St. Rose Offers a Full Spectrum of Rehabilitation Services
Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
At St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, the staff in Rehabilitation Services is dedicated to all aspects of the patient's recovery - physically and emotionally.
"Our goal is to restore patients to their optimum functional capacities and assist them in returning to a productive environment," says Matthew R. Berhold , P.T., M.H.A., Director of Rehabilitation Services.
Both inpatients and outpatients benefit from the care of a multi-disciplinary staff of physical, occupational and speech therapists who take a team approach to rehabilitative care. Our staff believes that rehabilitative care is more than a series of exercises - it is also personalized, cost effective treatment and educational assistance designed to support the patient's needs. The department also reaches out to the community by providing an athletic training program for four area high schools.
The following therapeutic services are available:
Orthopedic Rehabilitation - Total joint replacement, including our Joint Replacement Centers of Excellence, fracture rehabilitation, sports medicine programs, preventative and presurgical rehabilitation
- Stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury
- Back/neck dysfunction, surgical rehabilitation, wound care, inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Inpatient Headache Program (the only Joint Commission-certified headache program in the country).
Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility - Offers 28 beds and full-service, multi-disciplinary care.
- Traumatic upper extremity injury rehabilitation (crush, laceration, injection injuries), work site ergonomic evaluations
Upper Extremity Surgical Rehabilitation
- Total joint replacement, tendon/ligament/nerve repairs, fracture rehabilitation, scar management
Upper Extremity Tunnel Syndromes
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
Custom Fitted and Fabricated Splinting
- Static splints, immobilization splints, dynamic splinting
- Activities of daily living, training and adaptation, upper extremity functional retraining following: stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury, cognitive retraining for daily activities
Hand Therapy - Provided by a certified Hand Therapist in a private, outpatient setting.
Neurological Rehabilitation - Stroke and head injury; cognitive-linguistic retraining; dysphagia rehabilitation (swallowing) including use of electrical stimulation; dysarthria and aphasia training; augmentative communication; Lee Silverman Voice Program for increasing voice for Parkinson's; modified barium swallow studies; voice therapy; head/neck cancer rehabilitation; voice restoration and pediatric evaluations; inpatient acute and outpatient services.
Additional Rehabilitation Services
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic or Injury Screenings
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Sports Enhancement Therapy
- Work-related Recovery
For more information on Rehabilitation Services, please call:
Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility: 702.616.4564
Rose de Lima Campus: 702.616.4576
Siena Campus: 702.616.5576
San Martín Campus: 702.492.8576