Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Planning a Visit? Please note the following:
At St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, our patients enjoy full visiting privileges; however, at times we may need to restrict these privileges per patient request and medical necessity.
- Specialty nursing units set their own hours. Please check with the nursing station on arrival or in advance by phone to make sure the patient is well enough to receive visitors.
- Avoid visiting a patient if you have a cold or other communicable disease. The nurse will tell you about any special guidelines for visiting patients on a particular unit.
- We discourage visitation by children under 12 as it may be hazardous to their own and other patients' health. Exceptions will certainly be made based on individual needs and circumstances.
- Small children should be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. In the Intensive Care Unit, it is generally inappropriate for children to visit, although exceptions are made in certain circumstances. In consideration of the susceptibility of newborns to sickness, avoid bringing infants to visit patients.
- Visitors and guests chosen by the patient or their representative are welcome at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals and will be allowed to enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with the wishes of the patient.
- All patients have the right to choose who may visit them during their stay regardless of whether the visitor is a family member, a spouse, a domestic partner, including a same-sex domestic partner, or other type of visitor.
- All patients have the right to withdraw their consent to visitation at any time.
- Visitation privileges will not be denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Visitors and guests may be restricted from entering the patient’s room or asked to leave for medically appropriate circumstances, patient safety, infection control and/or confidentiality reasons determined by the primary care giver and/or the patient.
All St. Rose Dominican Hospitals facilities are entirely tobacco and smoke-free environments, both indoors and outdoors. The use of any form of tobacco anywhere on our property, including grounds, parking lots and vehicles, is prohibited. As smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the U.S., St. Rose joins a growing number of hospitals across the nation in becoming tobacco-free - reflecting our commitment to health for all those that utilize our facilities. To assist those who use tobacco, nicotine lozenges are available for sale in our gift shops.
For more information on visiting hours, please call:
Rose de Lima Campus: 702.564.2622
San Martín Campus: 702.492.8000
Siena Campus: 702.616.5000